As promised… some stats on this cutie!
Pattern – Chickpea Infant Bib by Chickpea Sewing Studio
Fabrics Used – 100% Cotton Knits in Volkswagen Bug Pattern & Organic Hemp French Terry
Accessory Used – KAM Plastic Engraved Snaps, Volkswagen Bug in Bright Blue or Jade, Size 20
Sewn – October 5, 2009
I actually saw this pattern at another blog, which I can’t remember where currently. I was prepping a diaper pattern and thought this would be a perfect experiment project before the complicated diapers.
The pattern came in pieces. I cut up the pieces and taped them together. Of course, it was only half of the pattern, just like the diaper ones. So after having a nice little discussion with CostumeChick the other day about how to approach the half pattern, she gave me a great idea to use up all the paper bags I had from going shopping with my parents! (She said to use the brown paper that the kids wrap their books in.)
I folded the paper in half and drawn out the half template. Then I just cut and viola! One full pattern! Oh, and that’s part of the Kenneth Cole bag. 🙂
And the bib currently doesn’t have any snaps on yet. I ordered the snaps tonight so it should come in couple of days. If you clicked on the link above, and scroll down, you can see the snaps I plan on using. I did buy the dies awhile ago though. David’s friend had a spared press laying around and he gave it to me for free. David had the press modified to fit the dies that I purchased and now I have a working snap press for 10 bucks! 🙂 Not too shabby I must say. (the complete set of press and dies cost about 100 bucks!)
So there you have it. I think this definitely boost my confidence on sewing. And CostumeChick, HedwigBC and BackstageKnits will be so proud of me! 🙂