I think I jinxed myself last night by posting that I have 8 cars and 1 motorcycle. Because my car needs a new turbo. ::sigh::
So while the car is in the shop, I rented a 2009 Infiniti G37 AWD. And to my surprise, it wasn’t that expensive. Now, the question you may have is – why the hell did she rent a car when she has 8 cars and 1 motorcycle???
Well, here is the run down:
- Hybrid Camper – not the time of the year to take that thing.
- Trailer – strictly for towing race cars.
- Race Cars – we have two, and they are not street legal.
- Truck – it’s a Ford 350, long bed, crew cab, desiel. The thing only gets 12 mpg.
- VW Quantum – the thing won’t start for some reason, plus it’s standard and I can’t drive it.
- VW Passat – in the shop in need of the new turbo.
- Mazda protoge – it’s my brother’s daily driver.
- Audi 200 – it’s a rare car, and it’s standard. No way we take the perfect rare car in the snow with the salt and sand!
- Motorcycle – Are you kidding me? It is 7 degrees F this morning! Plus I don’t have a motorcycle license!
So the only logical thing on the list would be the truck, but it’s actually too big to go on the Merritt Parkway and I HAVE to take it to go to work. So that does not work.
Edit to add: The reason the truck can’t go on the Merritt is because it is too heavy. When we went to registered the truck, the nice DMV lady said to us, “you know it is over 1 ton, it can’t go on the Merritt Pkway, right?” Well, we know now!
There you have it. I will have the new temporary toy for the week (till next Thursday) so I’m going to enjoy it while I can. In the mean while, if you all could send some good vibes on me finding the warranty info and that it actually covers the turbo, that would be awesome.