So I joined another round of Cocoa Swap since I had SOO MUCH FUN last time! So here it is!
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? I knit mostly. But I crochet when I have to, like when I made Pink Frosting. Although I do want to learn more crochet stuff though.
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of? Lace shawls I think. Although I do like socks, mitts and mittens also.
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I love circulars. And I like wood, bamboo, or metal, depending on what I’m making. I used to rely on my Denis set, but now I treasure my Harmony set.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? I think the oldest UFO I own is the afghan. I just digged it out not too long ago while cleaning. I should take pictures and put it on my project list.
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try? I think my favorite has to be alpaca. Although I also love cashmere, bison, camal or quivet, but they are not as affordable. I’m not allergic to anything, but I don’t like to wear or work with any thing rough or itchy. I’ve been wanting to try malabrigo sock or worsted, or I’m always interested in good sock yarn with generous yardage so I can make a small shawl with it.
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? I love red, and anything fall color. Although I like blues and purples as well. But I don’t like mixing warm colors with cold colors. They give me a headache. And I definitely don’t like pastels or neons. I like variegated, but I prefer semi-solids or solids.
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had? I make my own stitch markers and I have a lot of them over the years. And they are my favorite accessory to my knitting. I would love to have a needle sizing pendent.
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? I like both, but I usually have boxed/packets – my usual brands are Swiss or Land O Lake.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Marshmallows! Whipped cream made me sick.
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’? Not usually. I usually drink it at work. However, I love bailey’s or peppermint schnapp.
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? I’m definitely a year round cocoa drinker. I drink it like coffee for others.
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? I don’t like fruit flavors such as raspberry or orange, nor do I like dark chocolate, but I love original, hazelnut, French Vanilla and so on.
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? I don’t like them too thick so it really depends on who made it.
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa – is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? It would be in one of the mugs that we aquired through our travels. So sometimes they are thin, sometimes they are thick. I would sit on my recliner couch to drink it. Although I usually drink hot cocoa at work.
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? I would love a good croissant, with sweet cream or not. I also like crunchy cookies or good biscottis.
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I would love to get more into wheel spinning or dying my own roving/yarn. I scrapbook but not regularly.
2. Do you collect anything? I collect yarn, of course, and pigs. I like piggies. I also collect stuff with Great Pyrenees on it. I also like pretty, fancy papers.
3. What is your favorite part of Winter? The fact that I can wear sweaters and scarfs! I also like snow, but only light dusting.
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I like earthy scents and lavender. Although I like good citrius scent as well. And Peonys is a new scent that I like.
5. Are you allergic to anything? Just shellfish. But I’m sure no one will send me that via swap mails. 🙂
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? Yup. jennsquared.
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? I would be in my pjs with a warm blanket on me, sitting on my recliner couch with my sweetie and watch a good movie/tv series or a good book. With knitting also of course.
8. What’s your favorite animal? Dogs and Pigs!
There you have it. You can learn more about me by clicking on “me” or “swap questionnaire” category on the sidebar. One of these days I will organize it and group them all into a tab above.