I’m sure people are sick of looking at reviews and resolutions by now, so I’ll keep mine short and sweet –
1. 2008 was most important to David and I because we had our wedding. And of course, being a knitter, I have to make something!
2. I joined Sock Knitters Pentathlon 2008, in celebration of the Summer Olympics. Not my favorite thing to do, but I finished none the less.
3. Needless, to say, I participated in the Kntting Olympics. I knitted Lehmus-huivi for it. Full size lace shawl in 17 days – if you’ve told me that two years ago that I would be able to do this, I would look at you like you have five heads!
4. I knitted lots for Schaefer this past year also. But mostly small items because of all the wedding knitting.
5. Of course, I also knitted some other things that can’t be categorized by the above three.
I look back to my resolution from the beginning of the year and this is what it says:
For 2008, here are some of the things I would like to accomplish:
- Finish all the wedding knitting on time. I finish all the wedding knitting on time!!!
- Reduce 20% of my stash by making more projects. I don’t think I reduced much of the stash – partly because I knitted a lot of stuff for Schaefer and I kept on getting paid in yarn! Not like that’s a bad thing… but it certainly didn’t help with this goal.
- Finish Irish Hiking Scarf. I finish Irish Hiking Scarf!!!
- Finish Secret of the Stole I. I didn’t finish SotS I, nor II, nor III. Maybe this year I’ll check out the whole pattern and see if I even want to do it!
- Finish Aspen Top Down Sweater. I didn’t finish Aspen Top Down Sweater. I got distracted with other items and it just sat in my little cubby waiting to be finished.
- Continue to model knit with Schaefer – although I really need to manage it so I don’t overwhelm myself. See #2. I think I accomplished this.
- Start Autumn Rose Pullover – Fair Isle here I come! I did try out fair-isle, but not on Autume Rose.
- Felt something. May it be clogs or bags. I felted my wedding basket! It was a lot of fun!
- Learn to spin if we move and have more room. We didn’t move this year, so no room to do spinning.
- Learn to dye if we move and have more room. See #9. No room to dye.
I completed 4 items, 2 items didn’t get completed because the condition didn’t meet. So 50% completion – not bad! I suck at completing any resolutions so I’m pretty proud of myself.
Lets see my other resolutions:
- Be nice. Not to say I’m not nice, but sometimes I’m not, especially when I am losing my patience, which leads to no. 2. I think I accomplished this somewhat, but not to the level I wanted to be.
- Be patient. This is definitely still a WIP. Patience is NOT my virtue.
- Complete all wedding details by mid-August. We’ll see how this one goes… I completed this with flying colors, if I do say so myself! Everything went smoothly and everyone had a great time!
- Experiment with gluten free cakes – maybe I can make the wedding cupcakes?? Or at least have the recipes to do it? We tired Baby Cakes at NYC, they were good, but we weren’t completely thrilled with them. I scrapped that idea and ordered a gluten free cake from TN for our top tier and bought Vanilla and Chocolate cupcakes from a local baker. YUM.
- Spend more time on my business. I know I can do it, but it’s the motivation part of it… Knitting? Work? hmmm which one to pick? I decided to not do the financial business anymore. I wasn’t having fun. Yes, I know it’s a job, but I already have one! I want to have fun with what I want to do. I am still planning to open a yarn store, just not sure the timeline now since we are in the process of buying a house and that probably will put a damper on things.
There you have it. My 08 in review. What about my 09 resoultuions, you ask? Well, I think this is what I want to do this year:
- Knit more things for me.
- Cook more.
- Start that Autume Rose sweater!!!!
- Finish the Aspen Top Down Sweater.
- Try Thrummed Knitting
Ok. A shorter list, in hope of I actually do all of it!
Have a healthy, peaceful, safe and happy 2009!