When I went to SnB today, I walked out to encounter this:
And when I came home later on, I figured out the ornament I’ve been trying to make. The pattern I was following is here, however, it wouldn’t really cooperate with me, so I frogged it twice and made up my own instructions. For those who doesn’t have Ravelry access yet, here is the instructions again:
- Cast on 12 sts using your favorite knitting in the round method – I used magic loop.
- Join the ends and knit the first round.
- Rnd 2: *yo, k1* – resulting 24 sts.
- Rnd 3: Knit
- Rnd 4: *yo, k1* – resulting 48 sts.
- Rnd 5: Knit
- Rnd 6: *yo, k2tog*
- Repeat Rnd 5 and 6 until work measures 2 inches from the center and ends on a knit round.
- K2tog all the way around – resulting 24 sts.
- *yo, k2tog*
- Repeat item 9 to 12 again resulting 12 sts.
- Insert the ornament (mine is 3 1/4″ diameter)
- Use tubular bind off.
Weave in the ends on both sides and pull tight to close the bottom hole or you can leave it loose as a decorations. Viola!